Caution/Burn Hazard Label (WF2-021-CH)
To avoid burns and other injuries, machinery should be clearly marked with warnings about surface temperature, high-voltage areas, chemicals, and related hazards. Clarion Safety’s caution/burn hazard labels (WF2-021-CH) help end-users reduce the risk of interacting with machine-related burn hazards. Our highly visible burn hazard safety labels are printed on your choice of durable materials, at the size right for your project. These labels are expertly designed to meet your equipment safety needs, including those related to hot and cold surface warnings, making them critical in notifying product users, employees, or visitors of burn and other safety and health hazards.
Standards and Compliance
Clarion Safety labels are designed in line with the ANSI/ISO standards and can help you meet OSHA requirements. The use of symbols in warnings and instructions is essential to the ISO 3864-2 standards and is encouraged in the ANSI Z535.4 standards. This label uses a "wordless" format that conveys risk severity with what ISO refers to as a “hazard severity panel” but no signal word. It communicates the level of risk – caution – through yellow color-coding of the hazard severity panel. It uses two internationally recognized ISO 7010-style symbols:
- Warning symbol featuring a vivid yellow triangular surround shape and a black hand/hot surface-related graphic inside a black triangular border.
- Prohibition symbol featuring a red circle and slash/black hand graphical symbol to indicate a prohibited action to avoid a hazard.
Have a question about standards, compliance, or visual safety communication best practices? Reach out to us – our in-house, U.S.-based customer service team is standards-trained and standing by.
The main elements that make up your label’s message – its format, text/content, and symbols – are important in how the label is noticed and the information is conveyed. This label features:
- Word Message: No Word Message
- Signal Word: None
- Symbol: I1100/I6053
- Symbol Meaning: Burn Hazard Hot Surface / Do Not Touch
Your label size is determined by factors like the available space for your label, viewing distance, and legibility. If you have questions or need a custom label size, we can help.
This label is available in the following size:
- Size 34: 3” x 2”
A label’s performance is only as good as the materials that go into its manufacture. This label can be printed on Clarion Safety’s indoor polyester (our ‘P’ material) featuring 3M premium polyester that is compliant with RoHS, CRoHS, and REACH standards. It’s been developed and tested to be resistant to abrasive chemical washdowns, water, heat, and strong ultraviolet light. Here are a few more details (please see our material data sheets for additional technical information):
- Indoor polyester (P): provides excellent chemical resistance and performs best in temperatures from -40 to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
If these materials aren’t the right fit, we have a wide range of options available to meet your environment of use needs. We’re here to help!
Quality to Rely on
When you choose Clarion Safety, you get so much more than just a sign, label, sticker, or decal. We provide:
- Trusted expertise to meet your challenges.
- High quality for every need and application.
- Commitment to standards compliance.
- World-class customer service and support.
- Short lead times and fast turnarounds.
No SKU Selected. Please selected size and material above for SKU details.