Clarion is in a unique position to supply your company with the most up-to-date "standards compliant" safety signs, labels and markings because we have a long-standing commitment of participating on the major safety label marking standards-writing committees.
The Clarion Compliance Department is highly trained and knowledgeable about these standards
Harmonized standards in this area give manufacturers the ability to choose from a variety of safety label formats and the appropriate formats for the products they sell to both U.S. and international markets. The effort toward harmonization is ongoing as advances are being made in every revision of the ISO and ANSI standards. And we're a part of those standards-making committees.
This makes Clarion your best source for safety signs, labels and markings that incorporate the latest in standards expertise.
Geoffrey Peckham, Clarion CEO, brings the following experience and credentials to the compliance expertise at Clarion:
- Chair of ANSI Z535 Committee, 2011-present
- Chair and Delegation Head for the U.S. ANSI TAG to ISO/TC 145* Graphical Symbols, 1995-present
- Chair, ANSI Z535.2 Standard for Environmental and Facility Safety Signs, 2008-2011
- Member, ANSI Z535 Main Committee, 1992-present
- Chair, ANSI Z535.1 Standard for Safety Colors, 1994-2008
- Member, ANSI Z535 Executive Committee
- Member, ANSI Z535.1 Safety Colors subcommittee, 1994-present
- Member, ANSI Z535.3 Criteria for Safety Symbols subcommittee, 1994-present
- Member, ANSI Z535.4 Product Safety Signs & Labels subcommittee, 1994-present
- Member, ANSI Z535.5 Safety Tags and Barricade Tapes subcommittee, 2008-present
- Member, ANSI Z535.6 Safety Information in Product Manuals subcommittee, 2003-present
- Member, ASTM E-12 Committee, 2002-2006
- Member, UL 1994 Low Located Lighting Systems STP, 2005-present
- Taskforce Leader, SEMI S1 Guideline for Equipment Safety Labels, 1998-present
- Member, NYC Building Commissioner’s RS 6-1 Taskforce on Photoluminescent Exit Path Markings, 2005
- Chair, Post-9/11 NYC Building Code Photoluminescent Egress Markings Expert Taskforce, 2004
- Chair, American Woodworking Industry Safety Label Taskforce, 1997
- Chair, American Textile Industry Safety Label Taskforce, 1996
- Project Leader, American Baking Industry Safety Label Standardization Project, 1995
*ISO/TC 145 is responsible for international standards for safety signs, symbols, colors, and formats.
Your expert resource.
Trust Clarion to meet your duty-to-warn requirements with compliant safety signs and labels.
We know ANSI Z535, the standards that define best practices in safety communications. Clarion has helped advance them for more than two decades.
Our expertise is deep and genuine, having worked with 10,000+ companies across 180+ industries worldwide.
Collaborate with us to bring a new level of safety communication to your company.
When it comes to safety, your signs and labels must not compromise in design and materials. Clarion is one of a handful of 3M Preferred Converters, offering our customers the finest adhesives, base materials and overlaminates in the world.
Always there to be seen.