Durable, High-resolution Metalphoto® Labels, Tags and Nameplates
Permanent markings – whether related to safety, instructions or identification – are critical on products and in workplaces in many industries. Photosensitive anodized aluminum, also referred to as photo anodized aluminum, photo metal or Metalphoto®, is ideal for long-term durability of your labels, tags and nameplates – under virtually any condition. Clarion Safety is your source for durable, high-resolution Metalphoto® products, customized with the messages and data you need.
Why Use Metalphoto®?
When your visual communications are needed for safety, regulatory compliance, asset identification and brand representation, there’s no room for failure. Because Metalphoto® is resistant to many conditions that commonly cause erosion, it’s an ideal material for nameplates, signs, labels, control panels and other projects that require permanent identification or that need to stand up to harsh environments. Metalphoto® provides resistance to corrosion, sunlight, abrasion, temperature and chemical resistance. This unique, photographic imaging process creates ultra-high resolution graphics and variable information, including machine-readable barcodes, anti-counterfeit security features and serialized data. The benefit is fewer label, nameplate, sign or control panel replacements due to illegibility.
About Metalphoto®’s Durability Characteristics
Metalphoto® is routinely used and trusted by industries such as defense, aerospace, transportation, marine energy and heavy equipment. This is due to its durability characteristics such as:
- Weather/UV Resistance: A 400 hour Weatherometer Test GG-P-455P, which is the estimated equivalent to 20 years of outdoor exposure, had no effect on Metalphoto®.
- Abrasion Resistance: 7000 cycles on a Taber Abraser with a CS17 wheel, a total of 1000 gm. load, only resulted in a slight dulling of Metalphoto®’s surface; the image was not effected.
- Temperature Resistance: When both Standard Metalphoto® (readable up to 500°F) and Image Intensified Metalphoto® (readable up to 800°F) were tested for a 24-hour oven exposure, they maintained heat resistance up to 1,000°F.
- Corrosion Resistance: Exposure to 5% salt spray at 95°F for 700 hours had no effect on Metalphoto®.
- Chemical Resistance: Metalphoto® was immersed in a full battery of chemicals at different temperatures for different lengths of time, all with little to no effect.
Clarion Safety Metalphoto® Products
At Clarion Safety, we offer Metalphoto® for virtually any product safety, identification or branding project including:
- Product safety labels
- Equipment tags
- Component identification barcode labels
- Equipment nameplates
- Procedure/maintenance identification
- Operator control panels
Our Metalphoto® products meet the following industry specifications:
- MIL-DTL-15024G, Type G or H
- MIL-DTL-19834C (0.003″ foil)
- A-A-50271 Class-2 Composition C
- Federal Specification GG-P-455B
Let’s Work Together on Your Next Project
Our team is ready to help you get started to create the Metalphoto® products you need. We offer leading expertise, the highest-quality customer service, affordable prices, quick lead times/fast turnarounds, and our products are made in the USA.
Contact us online through chat or our form, or call us at 1-844-829-1299.