Your Identification Needs
Nearly all equipment manufacturers need to identify their products with certain information related to product specifications and origins. Nameplates and dataplates serve this function.
Customized to Your Specifications
Clarion Safety is fully capable of customizing nameplates and dataplates to meet your exact specifications. The example shown to the right is typical, though know that the entire design (including layout, field names, size and colors) can be modified to meet your requirements.
Materials to Match Your Durability Expectations
You can choose from a wide variety of materials for your nameplates and dataplates, including:
- White aluminum plates with either filled in data or blank natural aluminum fields where you can add in (stamp, engrave, etc.) your own variable data. Either type of aluminum plate can be ordered using our standard templates or fully custom designed to meet your needs.
- Polyester labels that have a write-able overlaminate that you can fill in.
- Polyester labels with a polyester or scratch-resistant Lexan® (polycarbonate) overlaminate with your data already printed underneath. You supply the information for us to digitally produce. Each nameplate or dataplate can have unique data, using our serialization capabilities.
Here’s what NFPA 79 Electrical Standard for Industrial Machinery (2015 edition) says about dataplates:
16.4 Machine Nameplate Data.
16.4.1 Control equipment shall be legibly and durably marked in a way that is plainly visible after the equipment is installed. A nameplate giving the following information shall be attached to the outside of the enclosure, or on the machine immediately adjacent to the enclosure:
- Name or trademark of supplier
- Model, serial number, or other designation
- Rated voltage, number of phases and frequency (if ac), and full-load current for each supply
- Ampere rating of the largest motor or load
- Maximum ampere rating of the short-circuit and ground-fault protective device, where provided
- Short-circuit current rating of the industrial control panel
- Electrical diagram number(s) or the number of the index to the electrical drawings
Do you have unique formatting or material needs for your equipment identification? We specialize in partnering on fast, easy and precise customization – for safety signs and labels that meet your needs and today’s best practices. Our customization specialists are ready to work together to develop your custom warnings. To get started, use our online custom quote request tool. You can also contact us at (877) 748-0244 or firstname.lastname@example.org.