CA Prop 65 Vehicle Exposure Label (CA65-VE1-)
Certain chemicals are known to cause cancer or reproductive harm, and providing this information helps people make informed decisions about being exposed to them. By law in the state of California, according to California Proposition 65, warnings must be provided for these chemicals unless exposure is deemed to be significantly low enough to not pose cancer, birth defects, or reproductive harm. Clarion Safety’s CA Prop 65 vehicle exposure labels (ITEM# CA65-VE1-) help companies comply with California Proposition 65 and warn people of potential exposure to serious health risks. Our highly visible Prop 65 labels are printed on your choice of durable materials, at the size right for your project. These labels are expertly designed to meet your needs, making them critical in notifying product users, employees, or visitors of safety and health risks due to hazardous chemicals. They are perfectly suited for product and machinery applications in a range of demanding industrial climates where high performance and high visibility are required to keep people safe.
Standards and Compliance
Clarion Safety’s Proposition 65 safety labels can help you to meet the latest compliance requirements detailed in CA Prop 65. Your Prop 65 warnings, including your labels, need to include the following elements which we offer in our labels:
- Language that the product “can expose you to” a Prop 65 chemical.
- Warnings that provide specific information for certain kinds of exposures, products, and places.
- The name of at least one chemical that prompted the warning.
- The URL for California’s Proposition 65 warnings website, which includes additional information on the health effects of listed chemicals and ways to reduce or eliminate exposure to them.
- A triangular yellow warning symbol (the safety alert symbol) on most warnings.
- Warnings in languages other than English in some cases.
Have a question about standards, compliance, or visual safety communication best practices? Reach out to us – our in-house, U.S.-based customer service team is standards-trained and standing by.
The main elements that make up your label’s message – its format, text/content, and symbols – are important in how the label is noticed and the information is conveyed. This label features:
- Word Message: WARNING: Operating, servicing and maintaining a passenger vehicle or off-highway motor vehicle can expose you to chemicals including engine exhaust, carbon monoxide, phthalates, and lead, which are known to the State of California to cause cancer and birth defects, or other reproductive harm. To minimize exposure, avoid breathing exhaust, do not idle the engine except as necessary, service your vehicle in a well-ventilated area and wear gloves or wash your hands frequently when servicing your vehicle. For more information go to www.P65Warnings.ca.gov/passenger-vehicle.
- Signal Word: Warning
- Symbol: SAS
- Symbol Meaning: Potential personal injury hazard
Your label size is determined by factors like the available space for your label, viewing distance, and legibility. If you have questions or need a custom label size, we can help.
This label is available in the following size:
- Size I:375” x 1.35”
A label’s performance is only as good as the materials that go into its manufacture. This label can be printed on Clarion Safety’s indoor polyester (our ‘PG’ material) featuring 3M premium polyester that is compliant with RoHS, CRoHS, and REACH standards. It’s been developed and tested to be resistant to abrasive chemical washdowns, water, heat, and strong ultraviolet light. Here are a few more details (please see our material data sheets for additional technical information):
- Indoor polyester (PG): Provides excellent chemical resistance and performs best in temperatures from -40 to 300 degrees Fahrenheit.
If these materials aren’t the right fit, we have a wide range of options available to meet your environment of use needs. We’re here to help!
Quality to Rely on
When you choose Clarion Safety, you get so much more than just a sign, label, sticker, or decal. We provide:
- Trusted expertise to meet your challenges.
- High quality for every need and application.
- Commitment to standards compliance.
- World-class customer service and support.
- Short lead times and fast turnarounds.
No SKU Selected. Please selected size and material above for SKU details.