There are many types of industrial labels, tags and stickers that may be the right fit for you and your business in order to keep people free from harm and to make sure your operations run smoothly. Barcode labels are one of the most popular ones – and can be used for a wide variety of applications. They can help to create operating efficiencies, improve company organization, save time or money, manage item pricing or control inventory.
Barcode Formats for Every Industry
Barcodes are a crucial element to nearly every sector of industry because of their versatility. Barcodes present a visual, machine-readable representation of data that’s useful for asset and security tracking to organization and inventory management. Your industry, intended use and required adherence may dictate the specific type of barcode format to use. Common barcode formats include:
- UPC barcode labels, often used in retail and on commercial products, helping to keep track of brands in the global supply chain.
- Code 128 barcode labels, used worldwide in the shipping and packaging industries.
- EAN-13 (GTIN) barcode labels, also known as GTIN-13 barcodes; European Article Number or EAN, are used in global trade to identify a specific retail product type from a manufacturer.
- Code 39 barcode labels, often used in transportation, such as for labelling shipping containers, as well as for distinguishing inventory or identifying name badges.
- ITF-14 barcode labels, generally associated with asset management, used to identify cartons or shipping containers with products that have UPC numbers.
- MSI barcode labels, also known as modified Plessey barcodes, are mainly used in inventory control, marking storage containers and shelves in warehouse environments.
- Pharmacode barcode labels, also known as Pharmaceutical Binary Code, used in the pharmaceutical manufacturing industry for online security control of the pharmaceutical packaging process.
to Create Your Custom Barcode Label
You may be under the impression that you need a barcode label printer or barcode label software – or other type of barcode generator – in order to create the labels right for your business. That’s simply not the case anymore! Creating custom barcode labels doesn’t have to be expensive or time-consuming. It’s fast and easy with Clarion Safety’s barcode generator . Pairing our quality labels with our custom printing services means there’s always a solution within reach.
When using our tool, the first step you take is to select the type of custom barcode label you’d like to create. You can choose from all the major formats noted above, from UPC barcode labels to pharmacode barcode labels.
Here are the next steps to take to customize your barcode label:
your barcode data:
Enter the characters to be included. Each of our
barcode formats is set up to include the number of fields you need for
that specific type. For example, UPC barcodes contain 11 digits and the 12
digit is a checksum digit; you have the ability to add 12 characters in
the barcode field for this type of format but if you don’t specify the
digit, our system will automatically calculate and add it.
- Choose your size and material: Select from our top-selling, high quality material options: our indoor polyester and outdoor polyester. Both have excellent chemical, humidity and solvent resistance and are specifically designed for a variety of applications where high performance is a requirement. You can also select several different size options to meet the needs at hand.
Once you review your design and select the quantity of labels you need, our team will take care of all the printing and shipping work.
Solutions to All of Your
Custom Printing Needs
For more advanced customization, the Clarion Safety team is here to help. We’re standing by to support your custom printing needs, whether it’s related to instructional messages, identification or asset management, for the best communication possible. Learn more about our custom printing options now!